The following items are being requested of the Board of Education under the Freedom of Information Act.
- An excel spreadsheet of every current employee of Lorain City Schools including janitors, teachers, administrators, security, maintenance, lawyers, secretaries and anyone who receives money for services that I have not included. Along with their name, We would like the position they hold, their classification i.e., teacher, administrator, support staff etc., and their annual salary. This information should be readily available.
- Meeting agendas with more than 6 hours notice of a school board meeting Currently on the school board website these are not available until noon of the day of the meeting. Citizens are not given enough time to plan or research prior to board meetings happening. Because of this they are unable to prepare questions or voice their opinions over issues because they are given so little time to prepare. It is our understanding that this is a school board policy. This needs to be removed if the school board truly wants parents and citizens to participate in the process.
- Student enrollment figures from 1990 to 2008. If you could provide a breakdown of every year in the above date range that would be great.
- A breakdown of what has been spent on administration from 1990 to 2008. The Ohio Department of Education provides some of this data, but we would like to see your numbers.
- The proper legal name and address for the all of the labor unions the District negotiates with. Since a portion of employee salaries are paid to these unions we would like to know who they are.
- In the Board of Education agenda dated July, 17, 2008, Under IV. Item 1, Gary Brantley was appointed to Chief Information Officer annual salary of $98,800.00 Rate Group A, Step 1 of Senior Administrator Staff Salary Schedule. Please provide the Salary Schedule for all levels of ALL employees in the Lorain School System including Administrators, support staff, teachers and anyone we have not mentioned. In addition, an explanation of the procedure employees have to follow to move up in the salary schedule.
If citizens have any other requests, please put them in the comments.